Online Service: Search and Pay Local Business Tax Receipts Online (you can also download Local Business Tax Application). The link below will take you to our payment gateway. Once there, on the left, choose Local Business Tax Search. From that page, you can either search or enter your business name or account number to go to your payment page. Click to Pay or Start a Search.
Annual Local Business Tax
St. Johns County is one of the counties in Florida which elected to collect Local Business Taxes (formerly known as Occupational Licenses) when the state turned it over to local government level in 1972. (County Ordinance 72-2)
Payment of the Local Business Tax allows you the right to do business in St. Johns County and is paid annually with the fiscal year beginning October 1 through September 30. This is a tax and shall not give any person the right to violate any other law or ordinance.
How to Apply for a Local Business Tax Receipt in St. Johns County
- Determine Business Location
- You will need zoning approval for your business location. If it is in the general county, contact County Zoning at (904) 209-0675. If it is located in St. Augustine City limits, St. Augustine Beach City limits, or the town of Hastings limits, contact the appropriate office needed, according to business location, for zoning approval and Local Business Tax Receipt.
- City of St. Augustine, (904) 825-1065
- St. Augustine Beach, (904) 471-2122
- Town of Hastings, (904) 692-1420
When a Business Tax Receipt has been obtained from any other municipality, it is then brought to the Tax Collector’s Office to obtain the County Local Business Tax receipt.
Type of Business and Fees
These are only the most requested, there are numerous classifications & fees. Please contact your local Tax Collector’s Office for more information.
- State Licensed Professional: $30.00
- Sales: $30.00
- Service Trades: $22.00
- Construction: $18.00
Please Note: A state licensed professional will need to provide a copy of their current State of Florida license prior to a County Local Business Tax Receipt issuance. Some professional offices will require two (2) receipts. i.e.,
- Physician Office
- Attorney Office
- Beauty Salon/Cosmetologist
A sales business will need to get a sales tax number from the Florida Department of Revenue prior to obtaining a County Local Business Tax Receipt.
Anyone in the construction trade including all specialty trades will need a copy of their current State of Florida license or current county authorized license prior to obtaining a County Local Business Tax Receipt.
If you have an existing business...
- Changes/Transfer of Location, Ownership or Business Name: Please contact our office for information on changing/transferring your business location, ownership or business name.
- Going out of Business: If your business closes or relocates to another county, it is your responsibility to contact our office to close your business record. Failure to immediately contact the Tax Collector’s Office at (904) 209-2250 and the Property Appraiser’s Office at (904) 827-5500 will result in additional Tangible Tax Bills. Click here for Instructions and Application.
For more information on St. Johns County Local Business Tax please call the St. Johns County Tax Collector’s Office at (904) 209-2250.
- Local Business Tax Receipt Application
- Annual Complete Business Paid (csv format)
- New Business List (csv format)
- Closed Business List (csv format)
If password prompted for file downloads, check anonymous.
CSV is a file format supported by applications such as MS Excel and OpenCSV.
You must have the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view PDFs.