Learn about Florida's documentation requirements for residents renewing or obtaining a new driver license or identification card. For office visits, you must bring original documents that prove your identity, social security number and residential address. Visit www.gathergoget.com to create your own personal checklist of what you need to bring with you before you make the trip.
Online Services: Click for Online Drivers License Applications, Change of Address and Renewals. You will be transferred to the State of Florida Motor Vehicles Express Lane.
The Tax Collector's Office is a Full Service Driver License Agent.
Driver License Services
- We issue original Florida Driver Licenses, Identification Cards and Temporary Permits.
Please Note: Be sure to bring proper identification with you. To find out what you need to bring, visit the State of Florida www.gathergoget.com website.
- Real ID is a nationwide effort to improve the integrity and security of State-issued driver licenses and identification cards, which in turn will help fight terrorism and reduce fraud. Learn more about Real ID at www.flhsmv.gov/realid/.
- We provide written and driving tests daily. Written tests are offered until 4 p.m., and driving tests are offered until 4:15 p.m. Please plan to give yourself sufficient time for testing. Hazmat applicants must be here in time to test and be processed.
- Driver handbooks available at www.floridadmvbooklet.com.
- We handle all reinstatements
- We provide information on obtaining a hardship driver license.
- You may apply to register to vote when you receive a Florida Driver License or Identification Card.
- For changes in the driver license laws, please visit the Division of Driver License Web Site.
- For international driver licenses you must contact your local AAA (American Automobile Association).
Expanded Branch Services
Now our Julington Creek branch handles express driver license services, including:
- Address change
- Original Florida Driver License Issuance
(Non-Citizen applications for original driver licenses or I.D. cards not available at these locations).
- U.S. Citizens Florida Identification Cards
- Road Tests
Julington Creek is located at 725 Flora Branch Rd., St. Johns. Road tests are only scheduled on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please call (904) 209-2250 to make an appointment.
Drivers Education Course
The St. Johns County Tax Collector in cooperation with the St. Johns County School Board will be providing Driver Education Classes at all St. Johns County public High Schools during the 2013/2014 school year. For more information, please see our Driver Education page.
Motorcycle Endorsement Requirement
All applicants for a motorcycle endorsement must show proof of completion of the motorcycle safety course FS322.12(5)a. For more information, please visit the Florida Rider Training Program website.
Disclaimer: The St. Johns County Tax Collector's web site covers many condensed and paraphrased points of the Florida's state laws and provides safety advice not covered in the laws. This web page is not a legal authority and should not be used in a court of law. Please click for more.