As of January 1, 2010, Florida has new documentation requirements for residents renewing or obtaining a new driver license or identification card. For office visits, you must bring original documents that prove your identity, social security number and residential address. Visit www.gathergoget.com to find out what you will need to bring.
The St. John’s County Tax Collectors Office Provides Full Service for Driver License transactions at the main office located at 4030 Lewis Speedway, St. Augustine, FL 32084. This includes driving tests for regular operator’s licenses and CDL written testing. We also provide Hazardous Materials Endorsements including fingerprinting and background checks. Our branches provide express services such as renewals and address changes. You may make an appointment for a driving test in our Julington Creek or Dupont Center offices.
Payment Methods: We accept cash, check, Visa DEBIT only, MasterCard, American Express & Discover.
How Do I....?
All answers are linked directly to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website.
- Get my first Florida license or ID card?
- Renew my license or ID card?
- Replace my lost or stolen license or ID card?
- Change my address?
- Change my name
- Correct errors on my driver license/ID card?
- Obtain my driving record (abstract)?
- Obtain a clearance letter?
- Pay or dispute a ticket?
- Go to traffic school?
- Obtain a crash report?
- Notify DHSMV of my auto insurance?
- Obtain a Commercial Driver License (CDL)?